Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Even the Government Doesn't Think I'm Crazy

If the government thinks my ideas about 9/11 (or Peak Oil) are the ravings of a lunatic, they have a funny way of showing it. Not long after 9/11, the government asked me to join a THINK TANK. It was a small working group, made up of myself and about a half dozen members from various scientific, scholarly and..."literary" disciplines.

I put "literary" in quotes and after ellipses because if you knew the work of the writers present, you'd hardly call them literature. I'm no snob - I love Mad Max and The Road Warrior (don't get me started on Thunderdome), in part because the movies are premises on a post-apocalytic society that was brought to the brink by the depletion of oil. Point is, I love a thrill ride. But if you think the novels of Alan Ripley or thinly veiled religious screeds of Thurston Veigh are literature...your taste is shit.

Besides the two authors I've mentioned (only because they have publically disclosed their involvement), there was a nuclear physicist who was both a Holocaust survivor and a participant in the Manhattan project and other "dangerous minds".

What united us was our task. To "think the unthinkable", as our liason said. The point was that the attacks on 9/11 were something out of a Tom Clancy novel. They wanted us to use a combination of imagination and expertise to come up with worse case terror scenarios. The idea was if we could come up with them before the terrorists did, we (or rather, the U.S. government) could devise defenses for those disasters first.

No - I'm not going to share them with you - I don't want to be an accomplice to another terrorist attack. I already feel like one having participated with a government think tank.

As I stated before, I believe the government may have had something to do with 9/11. In fact, I told them this. The fact that they still wanted me anyway...I don't know what to make of it.

Before I was asked to join the Think Tank I made my theories known to special agent Daniel Patrick Skelly, part of the FBI's I-95 squad that was on the trail of the 9/11 hijackers (and lost their boss, late agent John O'Neill in the attacks - he had retired and was head of security for the WTC at the time of the attacks).

While a gentleman, he was not interested in my evidence concerning Methyl Nitrate. Instead, he asked me questions about my time studying in Iran. Others would and continue to ask me about my time there as well, in much less polite (and consitutional) ways. The fact that Iran and Al Qaeda are Shiite and Sunni, Persian and Arab, and would be unlikely to cooperate against the United States did not seem to dissuade the line of questioning. It is clear that someone has Iran in the cross-hairs (this was before the Axis of Evil speech, I should add).

No comments:

Post a Comment